Child Dental Benefit Schedule
Child Dental Benefit Schedule (CDBS) Toowoomba Dentist
What is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
Children between the ages of 2 – 17 are eligible to receive $1000 of Medicare-funded Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
The Australian Government is now assisting more than 3 million children to receive the dental treatment they need and deserve, via the new Medicare funded scheme. This is applicable to your Toowoomba dentist.
Who is eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule and how long does it last?
If your child is between the ages of 2 – 17 they may be eligible to receive $1000 of Medicare-funded dental treatments. These treatments are able to be used over a two-year period if parents are in receipt of the Family Tax Benefit Part A or any of the below government payments:
- Youth Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Special Benefit
- Carer Payment
- Double Orphan Pension
- Veteran’s Children Education Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
Benefits and coverage under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
The two-year period commences at the start of the calendar year, not from the first appointment date and includes the following general services at our dental practice:
- Dental check-ups
- Teeth cleaning
- Fissure seals
- Root canal treatment
- Partial dentures
- Patients can use their full benefits within the first year if required; however, additional benefits will not be made available in the second year.
- If you do not use the $1000 capped benefit within the first year it will roll over to your second year for future use.
- If you do not use the $1000 in the two-year time period, any remaining benefits cannot be carried over to the following year.
- The benefits can only be used by the eligible patient. This means that benefits cannot be shared amongst family members.
- Even if your child is turning 2 or 18 throughout the year, they will still be eligible that year, for the full year.
- If for any reason you stop receiving the aforementioned government benefits, your child is still entitled to the Child Benefit Scheme as long as you received government funding sometime throughout that year.
Gap Free at Kitchener Street dental
At Kitchener Street Dental in Toowoomba, we bulk bill examinations and preventive procedures under the CDBS. This means that eligible children will have no out-of-pocket expenses for any of the above-mentioned dental coverage. The only time you will pay out of pocket is when you exceed the capped limit of $1000 within the two-year period.
Keeping track of your benefits
You can log into your account at my.gov.au to check your balance or by calling Medicare on 132 011. Alternatively, during your appointment here at Kitchener Street Dental, we can check the balance of your child’s remaining benefits.
If you have been advised that your children are eligible for Child Dental Benefits Schedule, feel free to make an appointment here at your Toowoomba dentist by contacting us today on (07 3184 8462.
Child Dental Benefit Schedule Toowoomba
For any further information about the child dental benefit schedule, or if you are ready to book a consultation, feel free to contact our team on (07 3184 8462.