Our new Primescan oral technology, available only at Kitchener Street Dental, means we offer same day dental crowns for patients in Toowoomba.
Getting a dental crown used to mean having your dentist make a mould of your tooth, send it away to a dental technician to prepare, and have the crown sent back to be fitted. Not only did this require multiple visits to the dentist, but for patients receiving ceramic crowns, the entire process can last up to TWO WEEKS. This process can be tiring for the patient, who is usually stuck with a temporary solution while they wait.
That was the old way though. With our new CEREC Primescan intraoral scanner, we are redefining digital dentistry in Toowoomba. We’ve taken the process from days and weeks down to just a few hours. Within a single visit, you’ll be walking out of the dentist with a crown that is both durable and fits snuggly over your damaged tooth.
How does it work?
There are four simple steps:
- One of our highly qualified dentists will use the device to scan your teeth and take a digital impression. Primescan allows us to capture an incredibly accurate 3D scan of your entire jaw in under a minute. Moreover, digital impressions have been shown to be both more accurate and result in better fitting restorations compared to traditional techniques.
- Using the digital impression combined with CAD technology, your dentist will digitally generate a design of your restoration. You will even be able to see a preview of what your future tooth will look like.
- This digital design is then brought to life via our CEREC milling machine that 3D prints the crown, personalised for your tooth.
- Finally, the dentist will process the 3D generated crown and apply it to your damaged tooth.
The very last step is a happy patient walking out of our dental practice with a new dental crown.
Advantages of Using Primescan
In comparison to old fashioned techniques, Primescan dental crowns have a number of advantages. This includes:
- Saving the patient time: same day crowns are scanned, printed, and fitted all in a single visit.
- Saving the patient money: the patient saves costs on multiple dental appointments, the cost of the temporary crown, the cost of the lab technician and the cost of taking more time off work.
- Compatibility: the 3D printed tooth often looks indistinguishable from any of the patient’s natural teeth, and preserves the original tooth, protecting it from further damage.
- Durability: the crown is stain resistant and can last up to 15 years with proper dental care
So who is a candidate for same-day crowns?
Same-day crowns are a convenient, cost-effective treatment for patients requiring dental restoration. Ideal candidates for same-day crowns are typically patients who need to replace a missing tooth, want to improve the function or appearance of their smile, and those who are time poor. However, there can also be more specific reasons for patients requiring same-day crowns. For example, if a patient plays sport, temporary crowns risk falling out and may even cause further injury. Same-day crowns prevent this by fitting the permanent crown there and then. Moreover, the makeup of your teeth affects everything from your speech to your eating patterns. Same-day crowns restore all of your mouth’s important functions on the day.
Dental Crowns at Kitchener Street Dental
We’re proud to say we are the only dental practice in Toowoomba that offers this revolutionary treatment. We are committed to delivering treatments of the highest quality and this means using the latest in advanced technology that gives patients access to the best treatment available. From dental crowns and bridges to all your other oral health needs, we are here for you.
If you have any questions regarding the Primescan dental crown technology, or need a dental crown fitted, don’t hesitate to contact us today.