Are you suffering from chipped, cracked, discoloured or missing teeth, but are anxious about lengthy dental treatments? Thanks to the latest in dental technologies, correcting these issues can be done in just one visit to our practice….
Digital technology – the new era of restorative dentistry
With traditional dentistry, molds are used to take an impression of your teeth if you are in need of restorative dental work such as a crown, cap, inlays or onlays. These molds were then sent away to a laboratory to fabricate the new restoration. With CEREC restorative dental technology, this 3 week process can now be performed in just one visit at our practice….
Introducing CEREC® ceramic restorations
At Kitchener Street Dental in Toowoomba, Queensland, we are proud to offer our patients restorative dentistry with the help of CEREC. Thanks to dental advancements and the breakthroughs in new technology, patients are now able to restore their smile in just one visit – from impression to placement. CEREC technology caters to restorative dental treatments such as ceramic inlays, onlays and crowns that protect and strengthen cracked, broken, root canal treated or heavily restored teeth. CEREC stands for:
- Chair side: the technology is literally next to the dental chair and used while you’re in the chair.
- Economical: the procedure is economical for both the patient and the dentist: it’s all done in one appointment.
- Restoration: the restoration restores your tooth to its natural-looking beauty.
- Aesthetic: the CEREC® machine creates porcelain restorations that are metal and mercury free.
- Ceramics: the ceramic used is high strength and similar in composition to your natural tooth structure.
Your first visit to Kitchener Street Dental for CEREC restorative treatment
At your appointment the tooth that is in need of treatment is first prepared. An electronic 3D scan is then taken of the area and a ceramic restoration is designed in accordance with your scan. CEREC restorations are then made from a durable porcelain material which gives teeth greater strength and stability and is very natural in appearance. Minimum tooth structure is removed and the rest is strengthened by bonding to a solid block of porcelain. After bonding and subsequent polishing is complete, the restored tooth looks and feels like a natural tooth.
The benefits of CEREC
The benefits of using CEREC to restore your teeth are numerous, with crowns and veneers being easily created using this technology, and crooked or misshapen teeth being treated in a period of around ninety minutes. Advantages of CEREC® are:
- Highly aesthetic
- metal-free, durable and long-lasting
- Single visit rather 2 to 3 with traditional restorations
- Comfort – No unpleasant impression material placed in your mouth
- No temporary crowns or veneers while you wait for your final restoration to be created
Experience the benefits personally
At Kitchener Street Dental n Toowoomba, Queensland, we invite you to experience the benefits of our advanced technology first hand by visiting us at our dental practice. In addition to offering advanced restorative dentistry, we also compliment this service with general and cosmetic dentistry for a smile that is aesthetically and functionally healthy.